Friday, December 17, 2010

Worth it

So I'm excited. About my half marathon. I took today off as I worked out 5 days this week. Friday is going to be my day off from working out/running for the next 12 weeks. So...

I told my Mom today (Happy Birthday Mom!!) that I was running a half Marathon and she was so proud of me. I think part of me wants to do this for her. And my Dad. See, my Mom can't exercise like I can. She has post polio. She had polio when she was a child so her muscles in her legs and ankles are very weak from it. And my Dad had a very bad heart and that is what he died from in 1994. So I want to run for both of them. I want to make them both proud of me in away.

It's still really surreal for me.

Looking forward to everything that lies ahead for me. It's going to be fun. It's going to be hard. It's going to be exhausting.

But it's going to be worth it.

2 comments:

christina said...

You will totally rock it! I did my first half in Oct and it was 100% preperation. If you get your mileage in and train then you will totally be able to do it!

Laurie said...

It's going to be GREAT! I did it last year and the memories are awesome!
I love that you are doing it for your dad. My dad died in 1996, he had cancer, but otherwise was in great shape and ran 2 marathons. When I was training I remember looking up and feeling him running w/ me. I hope you can go there too.