Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I'm a runner now, right?

I want to update but I don't want to be all like oh running this and marathon training that. But really it's what I'm doing. So I hope I don't scare you away. Okay? Also I can call myself a runner now, right?

Today was 2 miles and it was awesome. I can't believe I said it, but I did. 6 years ago (man that seems like so long ago) I was running 5 miles a day (eek!) and it was nothing. But now I'm working my way up to 13 miles and I'm just really enjoying it. When I got to the gym I was the only one on my row of treadmills, but by the end there was 4 of us running and I got to tell you, it was really awesome. Something about it was really surreal.

I was having a few issues with my back bothering me but now that I'm working in the back weights it hasn't been an issue. I make sure to do that every day I run at the gym.

I also want to go for a massage. I've never been but my husband has and a lot of people I know have. So I think it might help. Plus I think if I go before the marathon I know what it will be like. And then schedule one for the day AFTER, too.

I can hardly believe 2010 is almost over. I'm trying to decide if I should do some post about how awesome 2010 turned out to be. Because it really was. We'll see.

6 comments:

reneasskinnylove.blogspot.com said...

I have always wanted to be a runner! I just dont have the joints for it. I have really bad knees!
Make sure you go have the massage long before the run.
For some people like myslef massage can have a odd affect and actually make the muscles tighten. You also need to drink a bunch of water after to detoxify. I cant even have my husband massage my shoulders. Minutes later my neck is a qincked up!! It suck!
You have done an amzing job with all your weight loss.

Phoenix said...

Blog away about your runs! You'll want to remember this whole process when it's over.

Willpower said...

Do you blog for you or for others that is the question to answer. Its your journey so if it means you are running to help lose so be it. Great job your awsome.

Rhi @ Hummingbird's Song said...

Hey Sarah! I've been going for massages since doing the Couch to 5K program, and I have to say that I've noticed a huge improvement in my running. Hope it works for you too!

Carolina John said...

YES you should do a "2010 year in review" post! Then follow it up oulining some goals for 2011. and get a massage too. it clears the brain.

and I"m glad you had such a wonderful 2010!

Anonymous said...

I've heard a lot about the "Couch to 5k" program. I have a 5k coming up on the 23rd and I'm not the least bit prepared, the biggest obstacle for me would be to actually show up! So I'm trying to tackle that now..baby steps! : )

Have fun with your marathon training!