Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I'm in a dress!!

Now it's not the dress I got at Kohl's and wore to work last week (but that is coming I promise). This dress is even better and even cooler!!

You all know we're going to Vegas next month to renew our wedding vows for our 10 year wedding anniversary, right? I have been trying to find a fun and sexy dress to wear for the occasion.

Well the awesome and lovely Suzi mentioned on twitter the other day that she had a dress she was wondering if anyone wanted. I causally said I would love it if no one else had requested it. And she said I was first. And the beautiful dress arrived today:

I cannot even begin to tell you how awesome it felt to try this dress on and have it fit. It's a size 16. SIXTEEN PEOPLE!! Hello?! Because I admit when I took it out of the box I thought-oh this is never going to fit me. I am way too fat for this dress. I have boobs in this dress! The husband? Well he is pretty happy with this dress, too. And I have decided when I am no longer able to wear it, I am going to pass it on, too, like Suzi did to me. I think it's stunning and I love it.

This dress is perfect! It's what I wanted. And I can't wait to buy shoes, a bra and underwear to go with it. You know-girlie stuff.

I never know what to do with my hands in pictures. I look so dorky. Ha. But I was so happy to be in this dress. Just wait until I get back into my size 8 clothes. I'm going to be bouncing off the walls!!

I know I need to get rid of that stomach but I'm a work in progress. And I have 6 weeks to go until Vegas. So I have time. The hubby even said the dress will probably be too big by the time we get there. Ha. I'm wearing this dress if it kills me.

Thank you, Suzi! Thank you so much! You are the bestest person and I love you!! I promise to enjoy this dress as much you did. And will post pictures of the fun I have in Vegas wearing this dress, too. With Elvis.

12 comments:

Phoenix said...

Beautiful! Love the color and the cut! I love a square neckline, so retro and sexy! You look great!!! Work it, girl!

Julia said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

The neckline and little sleeves are amazing AND the color? TO DIE FOR!

You look SO happy and your vow renewal is going to be so special!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT, red is definitely your color!! You look awesome!!

Ann Summerville said...

Congrats, the dress is a beautiful dramatic color and is definitely a statement. (We tend to hide behind drab colors when we don't feel good about ourselves.)
Ann
Less of Me

karen said...

What a hot hot hottie YOU are!!!
I LOVE it!!!

Ali said...

LOVE it! You are looking fab! I almost wore a dress to work today but hesitated last minute LOL! I have never ever worn a dress to work. But I did wear leggings and boots (never worn leggings out of the house but they looked good). Loving your confidence in your post and the photo! x

Gina said...

What fun; looks great! Keep plugging away:-)

Crystal said...

Hey, just wanted you to know that I nominated you for a blog award :)

http://www.byebyefatpants.com/2010/07/versatile-blogger-award.html

Suzi Storm said...

I am *SO* happy that you got the dress!! It looks absoultely STUNNING on you girl. Seriously!! I got all teary eyed when I saw you in it.

I know how much it meant to me when I got it so I can imagine how it felt for you as well. It's the moments like these that are the greatest rewards for all the hardwork we put in.

I love the idea of passing it on. To me, this dress marks a milestone in your life...for me, it was the first time since losing weight that I felt 'Beautiful' again. Hopefully the person you pass it onto will feel the same way as we felt in the dress. I want to keep track of this dress though for sure!!

You look amazing girl. I can't wait to see more pics. I love you girl!! xoxo- Suzi

Donell said...

Fantastic dress. You are going to look so beautiful in Las Vegas! I'm am going there for the first time on the 14th.

ElleBee said...

Sorry I didn't get a chance to comment until now, this is an awesome post - you're happiness and confidence just shines right through! :)

xoxox

lori said...

va-va-voom!! very hot!, I can see the LACE undergarments is going to work very well w/that dress!

you look awesome & your inspiring me!