Saturday, August 7, 2010

It's all about Weight Watchers

Down a pound this week! Not bad for someone who only worked out twice. And didn't exactly eat all her points every day. Tisk. Tisk. Bad Sarah.

I have goals for this week. My goals are...work out at least 3 times. And eat all my points EVERY SINGLE DAY. I want to see 199.8 on that scale. I want to drop 2 pounds this week gosh darn it.

Thank you all again for the wonderful and awesome comments about the dress. I can't tell you how amazing I felt when I put it on. I can't believe I can fit into a size 16. I really can't. I was telling my Mom how wonderful and awesome the online weight loss community is and how Suzi was so fantastic to send me this beautiful dress. She thought it was really interesting that I knew other Weight Watchers people in other states and countries and all the support I got and tried to give them. My Mom is a lifetime Weight Watchers member herself so she can totally relate to what we all go through. She lost 90 pounds in the 70's when Weight Watchers first started (she'll tell you horror stories about eating tuna fish with mustard-gag me) and took me to my first Weight Watchers meeting when I was 14 where I lost 40 pounds and kept it off for about 3 years. To this day my Mom still doesn't eat ketchup because you couldn't eat it back then. Strange. My Mom went back to WW a few years ago because she was ready to lose weight again and lost 65 pounds and she looks and feels great.

Now I may not follow the NEW Weight Watchers program but I follow Weight Watchers. I don't like the new program as much. Those 35 flex points seem to get me in trouble. But that doesn't mean I don't love Weight Watchers. I just love the old program. That doesn't mean it doesn't work for me. It's just not the current program.

And I'm perfectly happy following online these days. I don't feel I need the meetings right now. After all. I've lost 40+ pounds since March.

My best friend is considering going to Weight Watchers, too. She has been asking me all about it. Her main concern was that she didn't want to have to buy their food. I assured her she didn't have to. She lives in Missouri or else I would go with her to the meetings.

Anyway...today I am going to get new clothes. It's time my friends. Everything I own for work is just too big. At least 2 sizes. Some are 3. It's sad. I was trying to hold off but after Thursday when I had to wear a shirt to work that was a 26/28 (and now I can wear some 14/16 tops) I turned to the hubby and said "I'm going to buy new clothes this weekend". I earned that much.

I hit the gym this morning, too. 60 minutes of cardio and 25 of weights. After I walked out the door of the gym I decided no overtime today. I am burnt out. And it's too nice outside.

I'm out of here. Enjoy your weekend!!

3 comments:

karen said...

I want to go shopping with you!!! I know ... take a camera phone and post everything you try on like Julia does on twitter! Or ... just make a roadtrip out here to Syracuse and we'll hit the mall ;)

Phoenix said...

Enjoy your shopping, you deserve it!

sarah said...

Karen you're so funny! I was thinking of Julia when I was in the dressing room and actually thought about doing that. Ha! Next time I will I promise. I'll post pictures soon.