Thursday, September 8, 2011

Fair food

Thanks so much for your support on my decision to run a marathon on my treadmill. YES! My treadmill. Haha. I'm so excited about it. I'm just looking forward to saying that I ran 26.2 miles. And "training" for something. I'm just a treadmill runner.

I have some amazing news. My husband, who just started at his new job back in March, was promoted yesterday. To the I.T. department. Which is HUGE for him. It's what he went to school for and what he loves. He gets a company phone, a laptop, and his own office. Stuff I DON'T get and I've been at my job for almost 11 years. I've been asking for a laptop for a couple years now. Anyway, it's also more money. Which is great. He already started in the new position today. I'm so proud of him. He's a really smart guy and totally deserves this.

I sort of forgot to mention I ate my weight in fair food on Sunday. Ice cream. French fries. Fried pickles. Hmmm. Whatever. PMS and TOM were kind of in control. Which means I'll be gaining this week. But, I am okay with that. I had fun and that is all that matters. I saw a cow being born. I shopped. I ate. I walked around and enjoyed myself.

I'm going to be so happy when this week is over. It's been a rough week. I've been hungry. Really hungry. And stressed out. And pissy. And just not a happy person. I started feeling more like myself yesterday after I visited the Chiropractor. That always helps.

But with the new job for my hubby we may not be able to go to the Cape. But we'll go another time.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats to your hubby!!

I think you are nuts for running 26.2 miles on a treadmill just because I hate the treadmill. But I know you love it and I know you will be able to do it!!!

You are such a great motivator to others!

MojoMissy said...

Congrats to the hubby! And I agree with the above named Sarah - I cannot fathom staying on a dreadmill for 26.2. I can't get past 4 miles walking. It kills my shins and knees, as well as my brain. I truly admire you for doing this!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

congrats to your husband, awesome idea to run the M on your treadmill, and glad you had fun at the fair. :)

Treesa said...

congratulations to your husband! and i am looking forward to reading your updates on your marathon training! such an inspiration! :)

Carolina John said...

Congrats to the hubby on the promotion! I've been in IT departments for 12 years now and it's not always a picnic. but it does pay well.

You'll run off the fair food. no worries.