Sunday, September 11, 2011

Not one

The plan was for 8 miles today. And I was ready to do that when I hit the treadmill this morning. But my body was not. I suppose it could have been the alcoholic beverage I enjoyed last night. Maybe? You think?

So, I did 6 miles. Which is just as great. And I have decided my long runs will be on Saturday instead. Which is fine, too.

And I am going to change my training plan. Next week will be 7 miles. It's all good. I can do this. I'm ready for it.

I also survived the Birthday party today without eating cake. Without eating junk actually. There was not ONE HEALTHY OPTION at this party. Until they brought out the fruit. It was tough. But I filled up on fruit until I thought I might burst.

Now I'm off to watch some Mad Men. I'm finally getting to watch this show. I've always wanted to.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

We all have days where are plans don't go as well as they should!
Be happy with 6 miles you did!!

MojoMissy said...

6 miles is no easy feat. I'm still feeling it today from my 1st race yesterday. I even missed the race last night 'cause I was so tired.

Good job on the party! :)

carla said...

Im proud of you.
for the RUN and the fruit.


Miz.

Carolina John said...

Get the run in anyway. 6 instead of 8, nothign wrong with that. My plan called for running 2 hours on sunday, but I cut it back to only 8 miles. hey, it happens.