Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Run your own race

I've decided that I want to train for a marathon. Why? Because. Just so I can say that yes, I ran 26.2 miles. And I am asking EVERYONE to join me. You don't have to run 26.2 miles. You can do 5k, 10k, a half marathon or whatever you want.

I'm going to be running it on my treadmill. YOU can run wherever you want. A treadmill. Outside. Anywhere you feel comfortable.

And the day of the race? 01/08/11. That gives me 18 weeks to train starting this Sunday. Plus, I can take the day after off from work, should I need to rest.

I will be following Hal Higdon's training guide, which is what I used when I trained for my half. It worked before, so why not again?

Why do I want to train after I decided not to run my half next month? I don't know. I just want to have something to TRAIN for.

I hope you will join me. If you do, please blog about it so we can get others involved. And I made a (corny) little button to add to your blog. Just link it back to this post if you wouldn't mind. Leave me a comment on this post, too, so I know who is in.

Follow me on twitter so we can talk about our training. Or email me at runningformyself at yahoo.com so we can talk about it there.

I hope you will join me!! It would be fun to have others training "with" me.

6 comments:

Phoenix said...

Fun! That's the day of the Disney full. Are you sure you don't want to do it *hint hint* I think you'd have so much fun! I'll miss the first 2 weeks of training but after that I'll be on roughly the same schedule as you. 20-miler on Christmas haha! Thanks, Santa!

Lisa Mancini said...

WAY fun, and awesome goal. Definitely something I will think about, and probably train, even though there's no way I'll be doing a marathon on that day. I'll let you know soon on what I can do! Either way, it'll be a blast.

MojoMissy said...

Good for you!!! You'll have a blast, I'm sure (once it's over lol) I'm doing my first race on Saturday, a 10k. I'll be walking most of it, but I'm determined to finish.

Carolina John said...

Very cool! I like it a lot. I think I'm going to end up doing a treadmill marathon the closer I get to ironman.

I'm running the Charleston Marathon on 1/15 in SC, so I won't be able to hit your date :( Still I love the concept, and I love that you are training for a 26.2! I used a hal higdon plan for my first full mary as well.

Sara said...

Yay! I'm in! I am actually running The Goofy in Disney JAN 7-8 and JAN 8 is the full marathon! Yay!! I'll spread the word and put the button (by the way if you made it yourself that is super-awesome because I wish I could do THAT) on my blog!

And I CANNOT believe you are going to run a marathon on the treadmill! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

You've got a great idea! I was just thinking today that it might be fun to run even longer than 20 miles on the treadmill. I like having a race to train for, too. I'll be running the Houston marathon in January.