Sunday, September 18, 2011

New Orleans

So this chick, is most likely going to New Orleans in about 2 months. Why? Well, because my husbands new job is sending him and I invited myself along. Why not, right? I have the vacation time and I told him he isn't going without me. Plus, I've never been and I've always wanted to.



I've decided I need to get myself in "the best shape" I can between now and November 29th. I've been sort of blah about my eating and exercise. Oh, I've been running PLENTY (I did 15 miles Friday-Sunday). But I haven't been to the gym or really been following a healthy eating plan. So why not try to get into the best shape I can for a vacation? Right? I'm sure I'll be eating my way through most of it anyway.

I lost 0.4 pounds this week. Which is fine. But like I mentioned, I haven't been putting 100% into my eating. I'm perfectly happy with where I am right now, but I need to tone up my stomach. Putting on a pair of jeans for the first time in months on Friday was a wake up call. I don't wear them very often but it's gotten cold very quickly and I didn't want to a dress or capri pants. I need to dig out my long pants and skirts for fall. I hate to say goodbye to summer already.

I'm pretty excited about this trip. My husband will be working but I can go out and explore while he is doing his thing. Should be a lot of fun though. I can't wait.

5 comments:

carla said...

SO FUN!!

oh that I could meet you there and PLAY :)

MizFit

Carolina John said...

New Orleans is a blast! We drove down a few years ago for work and it was really a lot of fun. The hotel we stayed at had a restaurant that actually had the best food - the gulf seafood is amazing.

You'll get to where you want to be now that you have a goal date. Have fun!

Kate said...

YAY! So excited for your trip for you! AND why do jeans suck so much? I have a total love/hate relationship with them.

Tara said...

NOLA is *so* awesome. You'll definitely have a blast! I wrote about my 2010 trip to New Orleans in my travel blog if you want to check out...I name a few great restaurants (Napoleon House in the French Quarter was my fave) and stuff like that :)
http://thereandbacktales.blogspot.com/search/label/New%20Orleans

Phoenix said...

Yay! New Orleans is great! Are you going to try shrimp? No better place to do it! ;) so many cool tours to take while the hubby is working, you'll have a blast!