Saturday, September 10, 2011

I'm happy with myself

I gained. I knew I was going to gain. I gained 2.8 pounds. Blah, blah, blah. Now I am back to thinking I should just stay at 160 because my body truly probably enjoys that weight. I struggle so badly to get under 160 and stay there. But once I see 159 and under I feel so good. I call it my "happy place". Those last 10 "vanity pounds" are such a bitch.

I have been struggling the past few weeks. It's true. I think a lot of people have been.

I could totally get a note from my doctor saying "Sarah's goal weight should be 160 pounds" and I could be at my goal weight with Weight Watchers and be done with it. I could stay there for 6 weeks and BOOM! Lifetime membership and no more paying. But, do I want to do that? Maybe. I might make an appointment with my doctor and talk to her about it. And maybe I could continue to try to get to 150 pounds and see what happens. I struggled all summer long.

I no longer want to fit into a size 8, which is why I changed the name of my blog. I am happy fitting into size 10 clothes.

I'm happy with myself.

Holy shit. Did I just say that? I totally did. I'm happy with my flabby thighs and my extra skin on my stomach and my muffin top. And my jiggly arms. All of this are BECAUSE I lost 120+ pounds. All of this can go away with some toning up and with some surgery (when I have a tummy tuck in the near future). I would much RATHER be right where I am RIGHT NOW. RIGHT HERE at 162 pounds. Instead of where I was.

I have rough days of feeling sorry for myself. Of hating myself. But it could be a lot worse. I worked damn hard for this.

I just want EVERYONE to know that Weight Watchers is the most amazing weight loss plan out there. It truly is. I love it and stand behind it 100%. I helped me get back to being the person I wanted to be and I'm so, so, SO happy. Not that other weight loss plans don't work. But for me, Weight Watchers is THE plan. I can eat what I want and lose weight. What is wrong with that?

I also ran 5 miles today. And I'm running 8 tomorrow. And after that, we're going to a 1 year old's Birthday party. Which I am so excited about (really, no, I'm not. But there might be cake and I am having cake after running 8 miles. Damn straight).

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Sarah, I could of wrote your exact point. I am actually done losing weight. I am happy the way I am. Yes my body is not perfect but I am with the way I feel and look.
I am going to the doctor's tomorrow to get a note. I have decided to settle at 155lbs. A couple more pounds to go. But like my receptionist told me, get to lifetime member and then if I decided I want to lose a few more pounds then I can. And I don't have to pay!!!
We have to remember that the average person hasn't had to lose over 100 pounds like us!!
We can do this!

sarah said...

We CAN do this!!

Kim A said...

Good for you! What an "aha" moment to be happy with yourself. I agree WW is the best program out there. I have lost 41 lbs since January and I'm happy to report that I'm 21 lbs from my goal. I really believe that this time I'm going to do it! Maybe it is time to reassess your goal. You have to do what feels right for you. And who knows once you get your lifetime you can always go lower than that if you want or your body wants. Good luck!