Saturday, September 3, 2011

If I can do it, so can you.

I am totally kicking September's ass!! I ran 6 miles today. I went with a plan to run 4 and when I hit that, I went for 5 and thought "Why not?" and went for one more. I haven't run a 10K in awhile and it's awesome to know I can still do it.

I lost 1.2 pounds this week. Hurricane Irene and all. So that leaves me with 9 pounds until goal which is 150 but I want to hit 145 just to have a cushion. I'm super excited and feel like everything is falling into place. Funny how this time around I don't beat the living CRAP out of myself if I have a bad day. If I had a "bad day" I would weigh myself the next day and totally lose my mind. But not this time. This time is for real and I know that I'm not always going to make the right choices or exercise when I want to. But I'm human and it's okay to take a break. It's okay to have pizza or french fries if I want it and not worry about what is going to happen tomorrow on the scale. It's okay to rest for a few days when my back is sore or we don't have electricity (or a snow storm blows in-that is the next big thing we'll be dealing with here). Because I know that the next day I can get back on track. I won't gain back 120+ pounds in one day. Not even a week. I know what I have to do and I am doing it.
We're all doing it. If I can do it, so can you.

As much as I hate to say this, I'm pretty excited about Halloween. It's my favorite holiday and I am hoping we get invited to a party this year so I can dress slutty. What? I earned it.

The hubby and I both have a 3 day weekend. It's unusual for him not to work on a Saturday so I'm taking advantage of it. I am going to be picking up Saturday's again at work myself, so it's nice to have the time with him. I'm doing it because (a) we need some extra money and (b) I have so many charts to scan into the online system. I need to get that done.

Enjoy your weekend my friends! I know I will be.

1 comment:

MojoMissy said...

HAHA! Your Halloween goal sounds like mine. I, too, signed up for a 10k today. We'll see if I make it...