Saturday, November 10, 2012

Mother Nature really hates the East Coast

Today's workout: 4 miles on the treadmill at home.

I'm convinced that Mother Nature hates the East Coast.

We had Sandy the week of Halloween and we had a snow storm this week. What is up with that Mother Nature? What is up with that? I was totally NOT prepared for the snow. The weather guys were telling us 1-2 inches so I thought no big deal.

WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! We had around 8 inches by the time the storm was over. And it took my husband over 4 hours to get home from work. Usually it takes him an hour give or take the traffic. Not okay.

If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you may recall I'm not a huge fan of snow. We had a rough 2010-2011 that left me thinking of moving to Arizona were they hardly get snow and when they do? It melts within a few hours. That winter was rough and I don't know if I can handle another one like it.

I had gone out on my lunch to go to the Chiropractor for the first time in 3 months (I know, bad Sarah) and my shoes were soaked. Again, not prepared. My pants were also soaked because they are a little too long for me.

Thursday, the day after the storm, it rained. Melting most of the snow. Today, it's in the 50's which is sure to melt the rest of the snow and tomorrow it's going to be in the 60's. Monday? Also in the 60's. I just don't get it.

As for me, I'm slowly digging myself out of the eating hell I've been in this week. I think I have it figured out. I don't know. I really need to get my head on straight. I'm a little stressed out with my Mom coming in a week and this apartment not even close to being ready for her.  We've put the baby planning on hold again because I'm so uncomfortable in my body right now and don't want to worry about that for the time being.  And we're thinking of buying a house, so that itself is pretty stressful.

I am, however, excited that my Mom will be here in a week. My Birthday is in 8 days and Thanksgiving is coming up. I have a few days off that week (I should have taken the whole week off) so I am looking forward to spending time with my Mom while she is here.

I'm listening to Christmas music (don't judge me!) while I clean up the apartment and dreaming of what we can buy at Costco tomorrow.

What did you do today?

2 comments:

safire said...

Happy early birthday! I love that your bday and Thanksgiving coincides. Double the joy :)

Stay warm and safe!

Unknown said...

I did Christmas music today too! Definitely appropriate :)