Monday, June 6, 2011

abcdefood

This post is popping up everywhere, but I found over at a cake for a wife.

A is for Apple, what’s your favorite variety?

Pretty much any kind. I love apples. But I find myself leaning towards Red Delicious.

B: is for Bread, regardless of nutrition, calories, or whole grains what is your favorite type to have a nice big piece of?
I have a problem with bread. We have an unhealthy relationship. So I don't actually buy it anymore. But, when I do eat it (which is usually when I go out to breakfast) I pick wheat. If there happens to be a breadbasket on the table somewhere when we go out to dinner, you had better watch out. Because I'm going to push you out of the way for it.

C: is for Cereal what is your favorite kind currently (just one!)
Frosted Flakes. What? You didn't say healthy.

D: is for Doughnuts, you might not currently be eating them but what kind do you fancy?
Chocolate glazed. And again, I can't have them in the house or I will eat the whole box. Friday was National Donut Day (who makes up these days?) and when I went to get my coffee from Dunkin Donuts they asked me if I wanted a free donut. I declined. I could have given it away to a coworker, but I also could have inhaled it in the car on my way to work. So, better not chance having it in near me.

E: is for Eggs, how would you like yours prepared?
Scrambled! With lots of fun toppings like veggies and olives and cheese.

F: is for Fat Free, what is your favorite fat free product?
Yogurt. Chobani to be exact. Frozen is even better. Yum!!

G: is for Groceries, where do you purchase yours at?
Stop and Shop. If I had 4 square on my phone, I would totally be mayor of Stop and Shop. I am there way too often.

H: is for Hot Beverages, what is your favorite hot drink?
Coffee. I am totally coffee's bitch.

I: is for Ice Cream, pick a favorite flavor and add a fun topping.
Cookies and cream! Oh my gosh, that stuff is so good. I actually never add toppings though. Although sometimes if I'm eating plain vanilla I will crumble a cookie on top to make my own version of Cookies And Cream.

J: is for Jams or Jellies, do you eat them, and if so what kind and flavor?
Strawberry. But I don't have it in the house or even eat it very much.

K: is for Kashi, name your favorite Kashi product?
Kashi Go-Lean Carmel bars are like crack. Stay away from them.

L: is for Lunch, what was yours today?
I had the most amazing lunch. It was a Chicken Walnut Cranberry Salad. So good. And 210 calories.

M: is for microwave, what is your favorite microwave meal/snack?
Popcorn. I love the stuff.

N: is for nutrients, do you like carbs, fats, or proteins best?
I don't eat a lot of carbs anymore. I eat more proteins and I'm trying to eat more fat. But i don't get enough in these days.

O: is for oil, what kind do you like to use?
Olive oil.

P: is for protein, how do you get yours?
Lean meats, yogurt and eggs.

Q: is for Quaker, how do you like your oats?
I have them every day!! I have oatmeal with strawberries for breakfast. Best breakfast ever!! 1/2 cup of oatmeal with 1 cup strawberries. Yum!!!

R: is for roasting, what is your favorite thing to roast?
Good question. I can't tell you the last time I roasted something...

S: is for sandwich, what’s your favorite kind?
I don't eat a lot of sandwiches. The last one I had was a roast beef one and it was really good.

T: is for travel, how do you handle eating while traveling?
The last time I traveled was to Las Vegas and Arizona in September/October 2010. I lost 2 pounds. So you tell me how I did? Of course, I stayed with my Mom for 2 weeks, but still. I made sure to exercise and drank a ton of water.

U: is for unique, what is one of your weirdest food combos?
??? I don't know. I can't even think of anything weird that I eat.

V: is for vitamins, what kind do you take?
I take everything!

W: is for wasabi, yay or nay?
Nay.

X: is for XRAY. if we xrayed your belly right now, what food would we see?
It's almost bed time. Everything I ate today. So that is a lot of food. Do you want me to get into that?? lol

Y: is for youth, what food reminds you of your childhood?
Hot dogs and beans remind me of my Dad. He made them for me all the time.

Z: is for zucchini, how do you prepare it?
Anyway I can. Love the stuff!!

YOUR TURN.
Pick a letter and tell me what YOU like! Or let me know if you fill this out on your own blog. I love reading about what other people eat.

3 comments:

wannabe former fatgirl said...

R- your should try roasted corn on the cob, its a summer favorite of mine!

Michelle said...

Your lunch sounds delicious. I've done mine http://gettingtherethistime.blogspot.com/2011/06/abcdefood.html

Tara said...

fun survey! I may steal this one for my blog :)