Tuesday, June 7, 2011

We meet again, Elliptical

I haven't really talked about this on my blog, but I sort of decided to workout every day this month. Not for any other reason but to see if I could.

And so far? I've done so. Actually, I've worked out every day since May 21st. I'm pretty proud of that fact. One day I did Karate (which was last Thursday) and tonight I went to the gym and hit up the Elliptical and weights. I don't remember the last time I worked out on the Elliptical. It's been awhile. And I really pushed myself, too. I know I can't run every single day. It's not healthy for my body. Even if I want to run ever day. My left knee has been bothering me so I decided to give it a break today and it feels much better after a rest from running and a little ice.

I also need to lay off the scale for a bit. I try so hard to not let the numbers make or break my day. And I know I'm worth so much more then that. Back in 2010 I let go of the scale for a month and I am going to do that again. So I am not getting back on the scale again until July 2nd. Not quite a month but it's a Saturday. So it's good enough. And I have good feelings about this.

Going over my old posts, I realized I also gave up soda almost a year ago in June of 2010. Pretty awesome. Yes, I have had a few soda's here and there, but I don't buy it or bring it into my house. I don't miss it one bit.

I'm loving this lovely hot weather we're having. I am not cut out for the winter. When did that happen?

2 comments:

MojoMissy said...

Way to focus on the positive and remember past achievements while celebrating current ones! You're such an inspiration! I walked a 5k route tonight in the heat and loved every minute of it!

BabyWeightMyFatAss said...

Great post! The blog looks great!