Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My next half marathon

I seriously gave myself an anxiety attack on Sunday when I thought I had to start training for my half marathon.

The hubby and I were sitting at breakfast (we do it ever Sunday now, go out to a different place) and I mention how the half was in October and if we went to the Cape for our anniversary, I would have to squeeze in training time. And all of I sudden I froze. Should I have started training? Oh no! Was I already behind? I wasn't going to be READY!! It started to consume me. Because, let's face it...I wasn't 100% ready for my first one. Oh, sure, I finished it. But it wasn't amazing. But I was slow. And I had to walk some of it. And sure, my idol was there. And we had fun together. But I was scared. But if you remember, I didn't really talk about it after. And I didn't post pictures. Hell, I didn't TAKE any. I was scared out of my MIND about the whole thing. I didn't know what to expect and I just wanted it to be OVER!! It was an experience that I wasn't sure I was going to do again, but I signed up for another one. And I most likely will do another one.

So...when we got home from breakfast, I tore through the calender and was so happy to see I have 6 weeks before I have to start training. And the more I thought about it, the more I realized I'm actually looking forward to this half marathon. I'm READY this time. Because I know what to expect. And I don't have to go to another state and leave my family behind. This one is 20 minutes from my house. My husband and mother in law are planning on being at the finish line. My Mom might be visiting when I run and that would be AMAZING if she is. And if Kelly happens to be running (which I think she is) that would be great, too. Because again, she got me running. And she's just plan awesome. Plus I want this half to be better. I know it's going to be better. I want it to be better.

S0 bring it!! I'm ready!!

**confession. My husband and I have been a couple for 18 years and that was the first time since we've been together that I went anywhere overnight without him. He's gone places without me, but I have never left him. Not to mention I drove myself to the train station, where I had never been, all by myself. I'm a big wussy about stuff like this. It was a big freaking deal for me. I'm a pretty tough woman about a lot of things, but I hate driving to places I don't know.**

No comments: