Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Not afraid of fat

Since I started tracking my food at Sparkpeople.com I have learning I eat a little too many carbs, the perfect amount of protein and not enough healthy fats.

To help with the fats, I started eating almonds. I won't be giving up the carbs anytime soon. Ha! It's not like I sit around and eat slices of bread. I don't even BUY bread. It just seems that things I eat have a lot of carbs in them.

I used to be afraid of fat. I tried to stay away from it. But now I don't really pay too much attention to it. I know my body needs it and I try to eat more of it. I know nuts are good source of it and that is why I have been enjoy almonds every day as a snack.

As for my running? I did 4 miles before work and it felt great!! I'm thinking I just needed a little break because it was awesome to get back to it this morning!! Back in the saddle!!

2 comments:

Miss Felicity said...

Do you recall what the first few months of losing weight were like? Some of the struggles and how you got through them? I am having a hard time already!

safire said...

I used to think fat was bad and then I realized I was eating way too much sugar! Now I look for heart healthy fats in fish, nuts, flax seed and olive oil. It's amazing for our hair and skin too!

Good for you for tracking! Good luck with everything!