Tuesday, June 16, 2009

it didn’t help me sleep

I’m kind of in a hazy fog this morning. I took a benadryl last night to try and calm myself down a bit in hopes that I would be able to sleep (I was bouncing off the walls). And right now I’m still not fully awake. I’m on my 3rd cup of coffee and I’m totally regretting the decision to do that last night.

You know why I’m regretting it? Because it didn’t help me sleep. I swear I was up every hour or so just to pee. Needless to say I’m totally exhausted this morning.

And I didn’t make it to the gym. I’m sad about it but I can’t get too angry with myself. It’s not worth it. I’m hoping to get to bed early tonight and hit the gym tomorrow.

I am so sick and tired of the weather we are having in Connecticut. It feels like it has been raining every day. I hate the rain. I know we need it but can’t we at least have a break? Tomorrow it isn’t supposed to rain but then Thursday, Friday and Saturday rain is in the forecast. Today, too. And of course yesterday we had some serious down pours. Awesome. Sometimes I forget this is June and wonder if maybe we’re still in April.

I failed to mention that when the hubby and I went out to breakfast on Sunday they sat us next to the torture chamber. And by the torture chamber I mean the dessert case. You should have seen these cakes and pies they had in this case. Eek. But neither one of had anything. Since we’re both watching what we eat these days (Hubby has blood pressure his eating has changed a bit over the past month). Instead I got these yummy strawberry shortcake desserts from weight watchers. Yum!

Well I’m off. Much to do!! If I don’t’ fall asleep first.

1 comment:

Carolina John said...

i hear ya on the sleep thing. after my 16 hour sleep from the ER saturday night and sunday night's advil pm induced sleep, i was feeling great and very energetic at 3:30 am this morning. couldn't sleep a wink. nasty stuff.

get to the gym after work today, it will help you sleep more tonight.