Monday, June 14, 2010

Saturday concert recap

I spent most of yesterday sleeping after the concert on Saturday night. We had a total blast!!

Turns out the show started at 5:15pm. And we didn't get there until 6pm. I was kind of mad at first because when we got there Keith Urban was already playing and I thought we had missed the Dixie Chicks. You all know I wanted to see Keith Urban more then anything! Even though I had already seen him twice.

And I guess I should have checked to see myself when the concert started. Even though my sister had the tickets. Actually mad is not the word I would use to descibe it. I was so angry. And she knew it, too. But it turns out we didn't miss the Dixie Chicks. They went on after Keith Urban. So we missed a few of his songs and saw the Chicks. And then the Eagles.

It rained the entire time. And this was an outdoor stadium concert. I was so cold and so wet by the time we left. Brrrr... But like I said we had so much fun.

Everyone put on a great show. Of course I loved me some Keith Urban. Always. But it was great to finally see the Dixie Chicks. I love them. And seeing the Eagles was great. They are true legends. My sister got me into them. She used to listen to them all the time when I was a kid. So it was cool to see them in concert.

I brought my own snacks to eat so I didn't any of their food there. I only bought a diet soda. To help me stay awake. And I needed some sugar. I always like a diet soda at a concert.

The line to the ladies bathroom was some kind of crazy. We stood there for like 20 minutes. I refused to do it more then once and held it on the way home.

I bought myself a t-shirt at a concert for the first time in a very long time. In an X-Large. And it fits. Go me! I am so happy. I love it.

And Keith Urban will be back in Connecticut in September. So I think we'll be going to see him again. Yes-we love him that much.

We got home late on Sunday morning. Or is that early? It was nearly 2am. So like I said I slept most of the day yesterday. And my allergies were a bitch so I was taking my medication. So that didn't help.

I ducked out of work after 3 hours today because I didn't feel well. And slept some more. But have to go in tomorrow because I have too much work to do to miss anymore work.

I seriously have to get back to the gym.

And watch "True Blood" from last night. We were celebrating hubby's Birthday last night so we didn't watch it.

That is my recap of the weekend. Off to make some dinner and get ready for some "True Blood".

3 comments:

Karla said...

we must be kinder spirts, I am dieting, LOVE Keith Urban, LOVE Dixie Chick and a HUGE fan of True Blood

Carolina John said...

I know you've been looking forward to that concert for a long time. Glad you had fuN!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like an awesome concert,I would love to see all those people/bands perform. I'm glad that you had a great time despite being late. ;)

Fun Fact: Our local radio station had a huge contest going on for the this concert, they took a big group of winners down by bus.