Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Vroom

So the Nascar race was AWESOME! Not like I didn't think it would be. But we had so much fun. Getting up at 4am? Not so much.

This year we didn't have rain!! For the first time. This was my 3rd race and no rain! It was, of course, hot and humid. I drank tons of water and hardly ate anything. I had a bagel with cream cheese and a vanilla soft serve cone with shots (yummy). We did TONS of walking. It is just a great experience. The sound of the cars, the smell of the gas and rubber of the tires. It's just so awesome. It is so loud yet amazing. I can't even explain it. You have to enjoy Nascar to know what I mean.

I didn't take many pictures at all. I thought I would but I didn't. I planned on it, but I didn't.

And I fell asleep about an hour after I got home and slept for 13 hours. I was beat. And sun burned. But it was so much fun. My sister's driver nearly won the race. And then our second favorite driver (we have the same second favorite but not the same first ha ha) almost one, too. But the driver that one? We are not fans of. Eh-what can you do? My guy, Ryan Newman, finished 6th, which is awesome. And I was super happy that one my favorite drivers, Reed Sorenson, drove. He doesn't have a full time ride ride now and I adore the boy. I remember when he started at 18 and now he's 24. I adore him!!! I was so happy when I found out he would be racing in New Hampshire.

Oh-I love Nascar-I don't talk about it a lot but I love it.

I am having some serious exercise issues. I lost my mojo and need it back. I'm not sure where it went and need it back. *sigh* I keep saying I will start again but I haven't. And I am flabby and want to tone up. I'm happy to be 209.6 right now but I want to lose more and tighten up and all that. UGH! Frustrating!!

I have mega blogs to catch up on.

3 comments:

karen said...

I am SO jealous that you went! I've never been to a race in person even though I've lived the vast majority of my life within a short distance of Watkins Glen. Tom's not a big fan but I'm hoping that we'll still at some point take John to a race (even if it's just a minor one) so he can experience it. After all, his favorite movie is Cars (which will be part of my big "pleasepleaseplease can we go" speech) :-)

carla said...

we are going back in september I think? this time it WILL NOT RAIN:)

and I think Ive found your mojo.

is this it?

**holds out hand**


MizFit

Anonymous said...

You know, I don't know anything about anything when it comes to NASCAR but am dying to see a race. I live in NC, for pete's sake. NASCAR country! And I just think being there in the middle of it all would be an amazing thing to do just once.

And on the exercise front. The hardest part is making the decision. Once you get started, the mojo starts to return. If you can battle your brain and just START, you'll be glad you did.