Sunday, January 9, 2011

2 miles

I decided my back was feeling well enough to try a short run today. 2 miles. Which yes, is short. I was scheduled to do 5 miles today. Not sure if I'll actually be ready for my half marathon at this rate but regardless.

I ran those 2 miles and feel no back pain. Okay, right now sitting here I feel a little bit of pain, but there was no pain running. Which is what I was hoping for.

And my new running shoes? I love them. They are great. I want to thank the guy at New Balance for helping me. He was so nice and helpful. And my new sneakers are amazing.

We got more snow here in Connecticut last night. I'm sick of it already and it's only January 9th. Oy....

I stopped by work for about 30 minutes and it wasn't bad. I thought my desk would be covered with junk. Sure I had about 10 inter-office envelopes on there but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. My confirmation bin wasn't too full either so I decided to just wait until tomorrow to worry about working. I was scheduled to have this Thursday and Friday off but because of my back issues I won't be taking those off this week.

If my back continues to feel better tomorrow I will try another short run. If not there is always the Elliptical.

1 comment:

Phoenix said...

W00t! I may check out the New Balance store since my beloved Adidas are discontinued and the model they replaced them with are just not the same.

I love the DM widget! I didn't even know they had one. I think I'll add that to my blog!