Thursday, January 27, 2011

Waist high in snow

I know I joke about it on twitter, but the husband and I are giving some SERIOUS thought about moving to Arizona. And after this morning, I want to move even more.

I was waist high in snow. WAIST HIGH! Are you freaking KIDDING ME?! I cried when I stepped outside and saw all the snow. I am not joking. I cried. I am not cut out out for this weather anymore. I'm too old for this. And I don't think I can handle another winter like this one. And it's not even over yet. We have a long way to go before Spring. And just because March 20th (oh my Half Marathon) happens to be the first day of Spring, doesn't mean we can't get more snow. Because we have had freak snow storms in April. My sister was born during a snow storm in April.

And yes, I know it gets hot in Arizona. But I like it hot. I would rather be sweating then cleaning my car off. Which took me 30 minutes to do. And then not be able to get out of my driveway because there is too much snow for my car to move. Because that was me this morning. I got into work 40 minutes late. Which isn't a big deal, but still. I wasn't happy about it. Tuesday it took me 20 minutes to get to work and I live 5 minutes away. FIVE MINUTES!

I give. I give. No more.

And on that note, I hit the gym on my lunch today but it wasn't much of a run. I am a morning runner. I cranked out 3 miles in 40 minutes but my heart wasn't into it. I've had a hard time this past couple of days. I'm not sure why. Blame it on PMS or whatever. But I've been very blah.

It may also be the weather. Not enough vitamin D.

2 comments:

Phoenix said...

Go get your "D" on! HAHAHA!

Yeah, the snow is getting ridiculous. Try not to worry about the weather on the 20th, it's the one thing you can't control. That's not to say I wasn't stalking the 10-day as soon as I could for NYC but, every day, my husband told me not to worry and it ended up working out just fine.

Polar's Mom said...

I love love love Arizona, it is really a great place, so much to do and see. BUT maybe take a trip during August and make sure you really can handle that heat? It is more like an oven than a rain forest though, so that is good-I'll take dry heat anyday! I bet this winter has made ALOT of people want to move to AZ!


Polar's Mom
www.polarspage.blogspot.com