Thursday, January 20, 2011

All the 20's are awesome

One month from today: The Daytona 500.

Two months from today: My first Half Marathon.

Good things are happening on the 20th of the month. I should schedule something for April 20th. Ha!

I've been struggling lately to workout. Ever since my back and then getting sick it's been hard to get up and go to the gym. And then all the snow (which we are getting more of tomorrow-thrilling)...it's almost easier to not get up and go to the gym and say "I'll go tomorrow". But then I today I remembered...I have my own treadmill. I actually enjoy going to the gym better. I feel like I push myself more there. That I get a better workout. And yesterday I was so tired when I got home. After being sick and working a 10 hour day, I was beat. But I did a 2 miles this morning at home. And I loved it. It was a great run. One of the best ones I've had in awhile. Sure it wasn't much, but it was something I needed.

And since we're getting more snow tomorrow, I'm going to run again at home.

I can't wait for Spring. I am not cut out for the winter.

3 comments:

Phoenix said...

Quality over quantity. Always. You'll get more out of a fantastic short run than a miserable long one. Good for you! Yes, you'll be using your treadmill tomorrow for sure. It should start snowing in 3...2...1...

BabyWeightMyFatAss said...

I like going to the gym treadmill as well. People watching makes the time go by fast!

Unknown said...

I just came across your health and fitness blog. Your article about getting up and getting to the gym was especially interesting. I especially liked your comments about finding time to workout at home, especially if you have gym equipment like a treadmill in your house. I am adding you to my favorites. Since you and your readers are interested in health and fitness, we thought you would like to check out our ab workout machine called The AbStand. The AbStand is a full-body workout machine that provides an easy way for you to keep your New Year's resolution! Any feedback would be appreciated as well. Thanks!