Thursday, May 20, 2010

30 days until summer

I should win the worlds worst blogger award. Yes? Yes. So if someone wants to give me that award, I would gladly accept it.

But I am going to start updating more and get back into the swing of things. I have decided to start my own little challenge starting tomorrow. And what is that exactly? Well I am glad you asked. Starting tomorrow I am doing a 30 days until summer challenge. I am going to do some sort of exercise every day for at least 60 minutes. That is right. Every single day. Exercise. Me. 30 days. Until summer. I want to really push myself and see what I can do from now until then.

So...I will weigh myself a day early. I will take my measurements. And I will start my 30 days until summer challenge. And I will see what I can do for myself.

I am happy to say my eating has been pretty good. I went to Whole Foods today with my Mom and had so much fun. My Mom had never been. She was in love. We had lunch there and I had this salad that was bigger then my head.
Best salad ever. I couldn't even eat the whole thing. There was some chicken and tofu in there. And some egg whites. I found canned organic pumpkin. OMG! I haven't been able to find that ANYWHERE around here. I bought 4 cans. I would have bought more but I figured I could go back again before my Mom goes home. Ha. I finally found the mini Lara Bars, which my Mom bought. She gave me a few. They are so cute! I might go and buy some next time. I bought my kitties their cat food since now that Bradley has "issues" we have to buy special food and Whole Foods has good food. I hope to actually get to Trader Joe's either this weekend or next week when I have more time off (thank you 9 1/2 years of working at the same job for having so much paid vacation) where they have even BETTER kittie food.

We also went to Barnes and Noble. Both of us love to read and we spent a long time in there. I haven't actually bought any books in awhile but I had to get the new Jen Lancaster book. I can't wait to read it but I have finish my Sookie Stackhouse book, plus my Mom gave me 2 books to read (the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and then the second book). Yikes. I have a ton to read for sure.

So all in all we had a great day. We watched "Oprah". My Mom loves that show. Hee. Then we watched the news and we fed Jack. This is Jack:Is he not the cutest thing? He is my sister's kitty. So adorable. He loves to be loved. Then I decided I need to head back because it's a 45 minute drive home. But I'll see her again next week. Like I said I have more time off and my cousin's wedding is next week. PLUS Mom will be coming up here to stay with my other sister who lives in the same town as me. So that is a plus.

Speaking of my kitty, Bradley, he sort of has been peeing in places he shouldn't. I do not like this. Nor does my hubby. I do not like scrubbing my floors or my couch or having to replace my gym bag. AGAIN! This is not cool. But he is still taking his medication and we are watching him closely. I feel so badly for him. At least he is going and not in pain. We love him and don't want him to be in pain.

Tomorrow the hubby and I are going to start cleaning the apartment from top to bottom. I cannot wait. It's going to be fun. Yes, I said fun. I actually enjoy cleaning. It's just a lot of work for one person to do on her own. Once this place is all clean I can do it by myself every weekend. But I slacked a lot over the past few months and it's gotten out of control. And I had some help with the clutter. So let the decluttering begin. Is that a word? Eh. Whatever.

And I am sad. My show, "Dancing with the Stars" comes to an end on Tuesday. My man has made it to the end thanks to us ELF's. That is Evan Lysacek fans for those not in the know. Ha. But I will miss watching the show. My hubby will not. He hates that show. But I will miss watching it. Sniff.

I have so many blogs to catch up on tonight. I figure since the hubby is out at his computer thing I have plenty of time. Kisses!!

2 comments:

Janna said...

GOOD LUCK with your 30 days of Summer! YOU CAN DO IT! I look forward to hearing all about it!

I wish we had a Trader Joe's!

Samantha said...

I love the 30 Days of Summer Challenge!! What a great way to keep yourself motivated!!

I'm a bridesmaid in 2 months so thats whats keeping me going....gotta look good in my dress right?????

Good luck and keep us posted.