Thursday, May 6, 2010

I do not like the cone of shame

On my way home from work tonight someone hit me. In the truck that is not mine. I am so mad. I was really upset and shaken up. I'm not hurt. But it's not my truck. And how do you not see a big red truck? Really? She stopped at the stop sign and then just went. As I was turning. I freaked. All I could think about was that I was in someone else's vehicle. And he trusted me to drive it. Surprisingly he isn't mad. And he's cool about it. But I feel terrible. The truck is drivable. But still. I hit my head though on the door and have a tiny bump on my head. But it's no big deal. What a way to end my day. And the funny thing is I stayed late to finish up some stuff. And I went a different way home. What are the odds?

My poor kitty is at the vet. Yesterday hubby had mentioned that Bradley (the cat) had gotten sick a couple times which I thought was strange since he doesn’t do that. So when I got home last night I noticed Brad wasn’t around. I went into the living room and he was just sitting on the floor. He let me pet him which is even stranger because Brad doesn’t like to be pet at all. And when I picked him up, something he really hates (my cat is kind of an asshole okay?) he let me and he let out a little bit of a pityfull whine. I knew he was in pain then and I got really upset and started freaking out and crying.

So pretty much all of last night my poor Bradley was in the bathroom where it’s cool. He’s a long haired cat and he must have been warm. And he drank all of the water I put in there for him. And he threw up .A lot. And it was all water. So I knew he wasn’t peeing. And his tummy felt hard. So because I was upset hubby took Brad to the vet today and sure enough the vet said Brad isn’t peeing and there must be some sort of blockage.

This is going to cost me a small fortune. Not that hubby doesn’t love the cat but this cat is mine. Bradley loves me and if it wasn’t for me crying and being so worried I don’t think hubby would have been so into bringing him to the vet. I feel better now that I know he’s at the vet and being cared for. He weighs 14 pounds and they had to put a small dog collar on him. One of those cone things. Poor kitty. Only because he has a catheter in to try and unblock his problem area. Oy.

My Mom is here. I am going to spend the whole day with her tomorrow. So excited. I can’t wait to see her. We are going to lunch at Subway and just hang out. Not sure what else we are going to do but I don’t care. Woohoo!!

Going to relax. Of course the first thing I wanted to do was eat crap but I am not going to do that. I am going to be good. My stomach is very upset right now anyway. Boo.

1 comment:

Janna said...

Have fun with your mom!

Wishing Bradley a speedy recovery...sorry about your wreck!