Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dentist and 5k

What is it with men when they are sick? Why don't they want to go to the doctor? Or in my hubby's case the dentist? His face is all swollen and it's obvious he needs to see a dentist and he stays home from school because he's in so much pain and could call and find a dentist and yet...he doesn't.

Around a year ago this month he ended up in the emergency room because he wouldn't go to a doctor. And then he had to have surgery a few months later. He hadn't seen a doctor a very long time. Now I will be honest and mention I haven't seen a dentist in a few years myself because I hate them. And I have to have my wisdom teeth out and that scares me to death. Also my dentist moved to Vermont and I loved him and since then I haven't found a new one. But I told hubby if he goes, I will go. And I will get my darn wisdom teeth pulled.

Men. What is the deal?!

He IS looking better then he was when I came but still.

So I mentioned that a friend of mine ran her first 5K last weekend. She had a blast and I was so happy for her as I looked at her pictures on facebook. She looks fantastic, too. She suggested I run with her next year and I would love to. So I have decided to start the C25K on Saturday. 3 times a week for 20 minutes? I can do that the days I don't go to the gym. I'm on it. When I originally started running in 2004 I just sort of just started running for as long as I could and then walked. And then the next day I would run a little more and so on. Then I could be ready to run a 5K next year. Or more then one since I would love to run the Thanksgiving one, too.

Also, "Where the Wild Things Are"? I cannot wait to see this movie. My nephew commented me on facebook about how excited he was when he saw the commercial and about how he remembered me reading the book to him when we were kids. I do remember that. Nice to know he remembers that, too. I am a happy Aunt.

2 comments:

thewwchick said...

I get a HUGE grin on my face each time the commercial comes on. I loooooooove that book. It's by far my favorite kiddie book. "The night Max wore his wolf suit...."

Mrs Swan said...

Tell hubby to GO TO THE DENTIST! i hate the dentist as well but last week started having tooth pain. By Friday I realized that my lip wasn't hurting because I had sucked on it in the middle of the night but because it was numb. My infected tooth was hitting the nerve. I had it pulled Monday AM and my lip is still feeling numb. I hope I didn't do permanent damage and I had no swelling or any other signs of tooth issue other than the pain.