Friday, October 23, 2009

Er excuse me?

Made it to the gym last night. Woohoo!! And I'm totally feeling it this morning. But I'm happy about that. Not sure if I will be able to get there tonight or not with our car situation but if not I plan to workout at home.

Something my co-worker said to me on Wednesday has been sitting in my head and bothering me. We happened to be discussing weight loss (one of the things we always talk about at work) and a couple of our coworkers in other offices have had lap-band surgery and she said to me "You should totally have that done". Er...what?! WHY would you say that? What makes you think I should do that? I told her "I didn't want to have that done" but I was kind of...well I guess the word would be offended? I know she didn't mean it to be because that isn't how she is but it's still bugging me now. I have NO PROBLEMS with people who have surgery for weight loss but that isn't for me. I know it can be done without pills or surgery because I can did it before and I will do it again. I just was surprised she said that to me. I'm happy for these 2 woman (and I think we have another person who had it but he isn't saying) and realize sometimes surgery is the only answer.

I think her comment totally made me bust ass more then usual last night because I was pretty drenched when I walked out the gym door.

Our plans for Salem, Massachusetts have been canceled do the fact that we don't have a running car. Boo!!

I am re-reading Jennifer Lancaster's book "Such a Pretty Fat" and totally recommend it to anyone who loves to read (like myself). I am snorting and giggly and laughing my way through it (again). We totally were separated at birth. Her sense of humor is spot on when it comes to mine. Ha! I can't wait for her next book.

TGIF!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Getting unsolicited advice is always annoying in my books. Getting that kind of advice is definitely over the line. Silly coworker!