Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Positive thoughts

If there is one thing that puts me in a decent mood is going to see my doctor. She always has such awesome and positive things to say to me. I've been a Debbie downer these past few days and seeing her helped.

Also so did my husband, my sister and a few girls at work today so I can't just say it was just the doctor.

I've been upset because since July I've only gone down 2 pounds. According to my doctor I've gone down 3 pounds since she saw me last (which was in September) so that is good. But on my scale it's only 2 pounds. Which is a big freaking bummer and even though I try to not let the scale get me down, I feel like I've been working really hard lately. And then when I don't see the results I want I step back and don't bust my ass.

Like this week.

I worked out 4 times last week and stayed the same.

This week I've only worked out once.

The diet is not the problem. It's the lack of exercise.

So seeing the doctor and having her tell me I look good, that she can see a difference is nice. I mean I've been getting that a lot lately and it helps. I have to stop letting the scale make me happy or sad because I'm wearing clothes I haven't worn in 2 years and OF COURSE my wedding rings again!!

So I'm hoping to start busting ass again at the gym tomorrow. I need to stop feeling sorry for myself.

Fitting in the movie seats on Saturday night was a big plus, too!!

1 comment:

Carolina John said...

it's got to be consistent workouts too. 4 times a week for 1 week is not going to have near the effect of 4 times a week for 3 weeks in a row.

keep your chin up!