Saturday, October 8, 2011

10 miles

I ran 10 miles today. I feel, well I feel amazing. I could use a nap right now, but I still feel amazing. It's hard to believe that in a year (a year ago tomorrow) I've gone from running two minutes to running 13.1 miles (well I did run my half in March so...). Crazy. Just crazy.

I'm also 162 pounds today. Woohoo! I lost weight. I saw 164 yesterday so I wasn't sure but I knew in the back of my mind it was all TOM and that the scale was going to go down at some point. I also burned over a 1000 calories according to my Garmin. Double crazy.

Have I mentioned how much I love this beautiful lady?
This is Molly, and I love her. She is so beautiful and sweet and loving and I just want to kiss her and love her and hug her. I usually do. She's my princess. My baby. I usually wake up with her snuggled into my arm pit or on my stomach or somewhere close to me. Currently she is sleeping on her Peep. I have a stuffed Peep that she has claimed as hers and she sleeps on it. Too adorable.

Also, this whole NASCAR thing, where my driver, Reed Sorenson, lost his ride? Did I mention I like him enough where I named my cat, Bradley, after him? Yep. Well, there you go. The whole thing makes me so made I want to punch puppies. I had to stop reading about it. I would actually never punch puppies because I love animals, but you understand how angry I am when I read these things right? Right.

My husband told me the other night when we saw a commercial for the show "Whitney" that I remind him of her. Or she reminds him of me. The whole sassy attitude thing. I was like What? Whatever. I think the show is funny but I didn't believe him. So we watched it and I almost died. She and I are exactly alike. Holy crap! I don't know what to think of that. We could be twins! Ha!

Tomorrow's post is going to be fun. I can't wait. I get to reflect on the fact that I've been running for a year and kept 100+ pounds. Good times, right? Be here or be square!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read Pockrass's article earlier today that had an "explanation" of sorts... I can't decide if Steve Turner is an idiot, or a liar. I'm going with lying idiot. The crazy part of me being enraged over this is that for the longest time, I didn't like Reed. He's grown on me, not to the point where I need a shirt and a sticker or anything, but enough that I like to see him do well. But this whole situation... he got screwed. There's no way around it.

10 miles... that just seems so insane to me! LOL Then again, at the beginning of the year, 3 miles seemed insane, too, and I can do that with no problem. Maybe a year from now we'll be comparing our 10 mile runs ;)

Molly is so, so pretty! I want to come love on her!