Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I am free!!

I am lucky to have the people I have in my life.

First I wasn't going to run today. I was tired. I was hot. And I just wasn't feeling it. Then I talked to my friend Lane who is running right now. I didn't know he was running and he told me yesterday he has been running for a couple weeks. We laughed about dying of heat stroke, among other things. He makes me laugh so hard sometimes I could pee myself. He should be a stand up comedian I swear. He is one of the funniest guys I know. So when we talked today (he works in a separate office but we talk and email constantly about stuff that isn't work) we talked about running first. I told him how I wasn't going to do it. And he said "Excuses Sarah, excuses. What is that? Yesterday you were so all excited and today you are just going to blow it off? I'm going to beat you!"

THEN my friend Jo came visit me who I haven't seen since the end of January. Now Jo and I used to work together when she worked park time at my office but she doesn't work there anymore. She lost over 100 pounds and I'm sure I've mentioned her before. When she hugged me the first thing out of her mouth was "There is a lot less of you to hug! You are so small now!" Which of course made me feel really good.

I ran when I got home today. I did 2.21 miles because I was just really pushing it but I did SOMETHING. And I was going to rest today so there. I plan to hit it before we leave for our trip tomorrow anyway. And I burned 303 calories. Here I am in the garage after my run...
Pretty sweaty and red. But check me out in my tank top, huh? And you can kind of see my collarbone.

Tonight I order my new sneakers. My feet and shins are going to thank me for them when I get back at it on Monday when we come home. We're supposed to bring the bikes with us camping. And we're coming back everyday to check on the cats since we're only 15 minutes away.

I AM FREE FROM WORK UNTIL TUESDAY!!!!!

And we are booking our Arizona/Vegas trip tonight! HOLLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so going to be under 200 by then people! I can feel it!!

2 comments:

Phoenix said...

Proud of you! Today was miserable (as was yesterday!) and you did it. If you can do it in this weather you can do it under any circumstance! Great job! Enjoy your time off! We're on vacation next week too and I can't wait!

SherRon said...

Hahaha! I love that you point out your collarbone. Mine has just resurfaced itself and I admire it nearly every morning now! Strange how its the little things....


Great Work!