Sunday, July 25, 2010

The one where I buy a dress!!

Last night the hubby and I went out to do a little shopping for vacation. I need clothes people. I've lost enough weight at this point so that everything I own is too big. Yes this is awesome but it costs a lot of money to buy new work clothes. And non work clothes. So basically I've just been wearing things that are too big for me.Which I don't really care about but it looks kind of stupid. And you know what happens when you wear clothes that are too big for you, right?

Anyway everyone kept telling me go to Kohl's, so I did. And got 2 pants, a top and a dress. A FREAKING DRESS! Now these are supposed to be for Vegas and Arizona in 2 months so I kind of hid them away but the dress? I want to wear it now. I don't wear dresses. They make me feel exposed. But it's so pretty. I may wear it tomorrow. We'll see how I'm feeling.

I felt after that I was good until my next paycheck because the dress was not cheap. Hubby got a couple tops for his business so we spent more money then I thought. We did go to Target (I heart you Target) but I forgot even why I wanted to go there until I got home. Guess I need to go back.

My sister texted me yesterday and told me her dog has cancer. I am so upset. I love that dog to death. She is beyond upset as well. He is like her child. I haven't heard from her since so that makes me nervous. But she said she was going to spend some time with him because she doesn't have the money to do much else then that. I will be with her when she has to let him go though.

I'm sorry I haven't been blogging as much. I mean to but then I just get home and don't get the chance. I've been immersed in Nascar stuff again. Sort of hit me hard and it's been awhile. So I'm enjoying that (even though Hubby hates it). But I hit the gym yesterday and today. So that is good. I am hoping to up the gym time with less then 2 months until vacation. We shall see how that goes. But if you follow me on twitter you know I am still alive and well. Or at least alive.

6 comments:

Anna said...

Dresses are amazing for making one feel pretty! I think I really have too many, I had to restrain myself from buying any this summer! :)

I'm sorry to hear about your sister's dog... it happened the same to mine two years ago and I still mourn her death as of a member of the family's.

Sevenbeads said...

It's more fun to wear clothes that are too big than clothes that are too tight. Don't rule out ebay as a source for a few items to get you through to your next shopping trip.

ElleBee said...

I know what you mean, clothes are SO freaking expensive and when you're losing weight you don't want to go and buy new stuff if you don't plan on staying that size for long. I tend to only buy sales or second hand.

I wanna see this beautiful dress! Post a pic! :)

Your poor Sister, my cats are like my kids and I'd be so upset if something happened to them.

Anonymous said...

Picture of you in the dress, please.

Unknown said...

Kohl's is GREAT for clothes!! I LOVE shopping there!! Hope you enjoy your purchases!!

And I'm so sorry to hear about your sister's dog!! I wish you & your family the best!

carla said...

Im with mrs fatass (shocking I realize :) love the fatass)
wear it now
picture of it now
strut your proverbial stuff and ENJOY all the fruits of yer labor!


MizFit