Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It hit 100 here today

It hit 100 degrees here today.

Let me let that sink in....

And when I got home from work I put on my workout clothes, my running shoes, my HRM, my fitbit, grabbed my cell phone (for music), 2 water bottles and went out to the garage to hit the treadmill for a run.

Remind you it hit 100 degrees here today.

By the way I have to put on a lot of stuff before I workout. Seriously.

But yes. I ran today. In this heat. And it was awesome. It was tough, but I enjoyed it. And I burned 654 calories. And did 4.24 miles. It was amazing. I was pretty soaked after but I thought it would be worse. I totally need new sneakers that is for sure. My feet are warning me of that tonight. Hope to order some tomorrow night. I actually was super excited all day at work to get home and hit the treadmill. This was a first for me in awhile and I'm hoping it continues.

I have decided, I think, after giving it some thought, after Thursday's weigh in (since we are going away for a few days) I am not going to get on the scale for a month. Just to see how that goes for me. I am going to weigh in, take my measurements and then deal with it for a month. And then see what happens.

By the way this weather? I am not a huge fan. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I don't have A.C. in my car. Which normally doesn't bother me because I work 5 minutes from home. But my doctor is 30 minutes away. Not going to be fun. I don't mind the heat it's the humidity that gets me.

And hubby was awesome and picked up grilled chicken salads because he knew I wasn't going to want to cook. That was a great relief because I was not going to turn on the stove. Oh no. And then we watched "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" on Netflix. Which was fantastic.

I know I am gong to sleep like a baby tonight. I can feel it.

Going to catch up on your blogs and then go to bed. I am exhausted already.

3 comments:

karen said...

I don't know what our high ended up being and I don't really think I want to know. It was miserable and humid and if it hadn't been for Johnny's little pool in the backyard we very well might have ended up little piles of sweat.

No bike today. Just couldn't put him through it! BUT I'm off for the next three nights so once he hits bed I WILL bike no matter how hot the basement is! (Those are supposed to be cooler, right? Hasn't been working that way!)

Ali said...

That is hot!!!!! Awesome work still going on the treadmill. That is incredible dedication!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.