Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mish Mosh

Yesterday made 4 weeks, one month, that I gave up diet soda. Easier then I thought. I've only had a couple days were I really wanted a soda. And both of them were when it was really hot out and I was really thirsty. But I didn't give in. I had water instead. Considering I've been LIVING on that stuff for as long as I can remember I really thought it was going to be hard. I still drink my coffee in the morning because I can't give up that stuff. I love it too much.

I have to pick up my allergy medication tonight. First off, I lost my ATM card. I have no idea where it is. The last time I saw it was Friday night in the house. And then when I went to look for it Sunday morning? Gone. So who the hell knows where it is. I have NEVER lost it before. So I'm kicking myself in the ass. So I haven't stopped to get my medication yet. Instead I took Benadryl the past two nights. Which knocks me right on my ass. And leaves me waking up like a total zombie. Ugh. So I have to go to the bank on my lunch and get this mess fixed with my ATM card. And take out money so I can get my medication.

SPEAKING of my allergies. I haven't had many flare ups since I starting eating clean (knock on wood). I have angioedema and believe me, it can get pretty ugly. I made an appointment with my allergiest because I haven't seen him in over a year. I need to get some blood work done, too. I also think that my weight loss helps with the flare ups, too. Because when I was thinner I didn't seem to have too many issues but once I started gaining weight I starting having more issues. We'll see what he says though when I go see him in a few weeks.

Work was busy yesterday. Turns out our 800 numbers were down all weekend. Which isn't good when you have oxygen and vent patients that depend on you for their LIVES! HELLO?! We couldn't make any outgoing calls for the first 4 hours either. Which isn't a big deal to me. ha ha. But in all seriousness it's not cool when your patients can't get through to you on the weekend in an emergency, you know? I hope nothing bad happened to our patients. I always have such big plans to get so much done and it never happens. But that was Monday. Hopefully today will be better.

We're supposed to have our yearly BBQ at work on Thursday and of course, it's going to rain. I am planning on wearing my dress, too. Eek!! I'm super excited about it. Although I have NEVER worn a dress to work. Not in the 9 1/2 years I've worked there.

I've decided to weigh this week. It's a week earlier then planned but I'm cool with that.

I wish I was going to Pocono this weekend! It's so close yet so far away!!

Time to get ready for work!!

3 comments:

Sonya @ Eyes on the Hourglass said...

good for you on giving up pop! I did the same thing back in march (along with coffee). I do still get some cravings, but like you I just drink water and move on. It has made me feel so much better and believe it or not, I feel more awake, off the stuff than when I was on it!

Keep up the good work and have fun wearing that dress! :-)

carla said...

d
a
n
g

Im so in awe and yet (SHH :)) not there yet.

I still have an iron grip on my one diet mt dew a day.

*slinks off in shame*
:)

MizFit

Licia said...

I love your blog! Congrats on all of your success! Don't change the name- it is a part of your journey :)
congrats and keep it up!
Licia