Monday, March 23, 2009

Awesome day

I had a great day today with the husband. It was awesome to be able to sleep in on a Monday and then just kind of be lazy for awhile.

First thing we did once we get out of the house was stop at this natural/organic store that is like 30 seconds from my house. Seriously. I've been saying for months now I want to stop by and check it out. It was pretty cool. I picked up this really good kettle corn that is organic/gluten free etc. Pretty tasty stuff.

After that we went to the used paperback book store. Or should I say, I went inside, hubby isn't into books like me. So he went over to visit his friend that works right by the store while I browsed. I traded in 4 books and bought 4 books so I guess it turned it out kind of even. I'm usually the type of person that rereads her books but the ones I traded in were ones I didn't really care for so why not see if I can let someone else enjoy them?

Then we went to my favorite store in the whole entire world, Target. Yeah! I finally got the "Twilight" dvd after reading about everyone else picking up a copy. Ha. We also looked at mountain bikes and discussed possibly getting new bikes for ourselves. Hubby's friend that he visited with while I was at the bookstore, has lost a bunch of weight and mentioned he was getting one. I have been thinking about getting one, how nice it would be to ride a bike and how much fun it was when I was a kid and riding a bike. But we'll see. I am enjoying going to the gym these days so I don't want to buy a bike if I'm not going to use it.

We hit a couple more stores before heading home. I was able to pick up a filter for my coffee machine so that I don't have buy the little cups all the time and use the coffee I have in my freezer. I've been looking everywhere for that thing. Also got some light hot dog buns. I swear my grocery store is always out of them.

Then I made dinner, did some laundry and made my lunches for the rest of the work week. I'm trying to get better by cooking my own meals and not having sodium filled tv dinners all the time. I think Jillian's podcasts are totally paying off.

Speaking of Jillian and her podcasts, my husband has loaded me up with a bunch more. So my workouts are going to be totally full of Jillian Michaels this week.

Not exactly looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. But I am looking forward to going back to the gym.

Ready to watch "Dancing with the Stars" tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed your day off yesterday. Yum that kettle korn sounds great. They have some at the farmers market were I go, but it’s nasty. I loved riding my bike when I was a kid too. I know what you mean about not using a bike that you purchase. A couple years ago my brother purchased a bike used it once and now it’s been sitting ever since.