Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I’m half Irish so of course I have to wish everyone a Happy St. Patrick’s Day today. Last night I made Irish soda bread for work and it’s already gone this morning. I had a little slice myself since I made it and all. I figured it was probably 2 points since there isn’t much in the soda bread itself.

I spoke with my Mom last night for the first time in like 2 weeks. She’s doing super good and healing up nicely. She wants hubby and I to come visit her but I keep telling her I want to lose a little weight before I get on a plane first. I’m just not comfortable flying at this weight.

I’m not as sore this morning as I was yesterday. My ribs don’t hurt and I can laugh without feeling like I’m going to die. I am planning on going to the gym tonight. I am so happy that hubby will be able to start going with me on Friday. That is going to be a big help for me for sure.

I have leftovers from last night’s dinner for lunch today. I had wanted to cook lunches for this week over the weekend but I was stuck in such a funk that I didn’t want do anything. I know it’s better for me and healthier for me in long run so hopefully this weekend I do that. I love having tv dinners and all but sodium wise it’s better and I feel like I get more out of a 6 point lunch I make then a 6 point tv dinner.

I’m off to get some work done. I’m feeling much better then I have in the past few days so hopefully my little depression funk is over for awhile.

1 comment:

Carolina John said...

glad you're feeling better. i'm irish too, happy st patty's day!