Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday at the gym

The gym was unexpectedly slow when I got there. I thought for sure it would be packed, but it wasn't. Nothing makes me happier then not having to fight over Elliptical machines.

I did 65 minutes on the elliptical and 40 minutes of weights.

I was a bit disturbed to see a young boy, around 11 or 12 years old using the weight machines. Now, tell me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's wrong, no? Or is that just me? I would think that his mother would not want him to be lifting weights at such a young age.

I also hate when people don't clean off their equipment when they are done (see above). Ewww.

I am super glad to have a 3 day weekend. It will be nice to sleep in on Monday. Ha!

3 comments:

purple_moonflower said...

I thought gyms have age limits? That you have to at least be 16. I wouldn't want my young son using weights at that age.

That's great that you did such an awesome job at the gym. Don't you love it when it isn't crowded?

Also, I have something over at my blog for you.

Jennifer said...

I hate waiting for the machines as well that is why I had my hubby buy me an elliptical (it has been lifesaving). Sounds like you got a good workout in!

Anonymous said...

Iron woman!

I was curious about your question about children lifting weights, and apparently there is no medical reason why a child of 9 or older shouldn't be lifting weights. (It doesn't mess up their growth or anything). But it sounds like the kid in question was unsupervised, which I think is a pretty bad idea. I see grown-ups doing stupid things with weights at the gym all the time.