Friday, March 20, 2009

up again this week

Can we talk about how much I enjoyed the Jillian Michaels podcast last night while I was working out? Her show is freaking awesome!! I listened to one from February. I have a couple more to listen to but I want to get them all. She really made me think about what I was eating and what I shouldn’t. Less sodium, more protein, less carbs, more fruit/veggies, more organic, less processed. I’m working on this, one step at a time.

Unfortunately I’m up again this week. I’m up 0.6 pounds. I was immediately angry about it but then again, I did eat a lot of junk LAST Friday because I gained 3.2 pounds (which I’m still confused about). Instead of heading for the food AGAIN tonight, the hubby and I have plans to go workout. So that next week I can see a couple pounds come OFF. I have to learn not to let the numbers on the scale put me in a good mood or a bad one. I’m worth more then that. It’s still hard to not be upset with all the hard work I’ve been putting in. I worked out Saturday and Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday so I would have hoped to at least maintain. And I know my body is getting used to working out again, too. We’ll just see what happens.

Today starts the 20 pounds in 20 weeks challenge that I have joined. I know I’ve joined a couple other challenges and then kind of fizzle out, but I think that this time it’s totally doable and I hope to be 20 pounds less (or more) by August 20th. Head on over to http://ashisfit.blogspot.com/ to check it out.

“Biggest Loser” talk now so if you didn’t watch Tuesday’s episode yet, you probably don’t want to read this:


Why would Helen do that to Tara? Really? You’d rather Sione win then Tara? He’s on your team, why didn’t you eat a cookie for him? I know that people are annoyed because Tara wins everything but for once I’m not. Usually someone on the show I don’t care for wins everything and is really smug about it. I don’t believe that Tara is like that and I truly like her. For once, the person I picked from the beginning is still there and still kicking ass. But even though Helen ate that cookie and ruined Tara’s chance at winning $10,000 Tara had the fastest time and no one can take that away. The blue team is just getting slaughtered this season. I wonder when they will switch them to individuals so that the blue team can have a chance. Personally, my least favorite people are Ron and Kristin. I don’t like how Ron says “It’s your turn to go home”. Who made you king? And I just don’t like Kristin. Something about her rubs me the wrong way. I felt HORRIBLE when Mike went home and his brother started crying. I was pretty choked up myself. It’s so hard being overweight and worse when your young.

So glad that the first day of spring is here! Wish it felt like spring.

5pm can’t get here fast enough so I can have a 3 day weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was totally happy for Tara. And now I want to beat her time when I do MY half marathon, hahahaha. I like her. :)

I don't mind Ron, and Kristin's a little pushy, but ok. I actually dislike Helen the most.

Oh my god, I cried SO MUCH at Mike & Ron's family and the brother. Oh my god.

Carolina John said...

i was also pulling for tara to pull out the half marathon time. and ron stinks and should have gone home a long time ago. he has the wrong attitude. the blue team keeps voting off the best players and then they wonder why they keep losing challenges? gimme a break.