Monday, October 8, 2012

A rock and a hard place

My allergies make me HURT!! I hate them. I hate how they make me feel today. I made it through work without killing anyone any problems, but I didn't eat much because it hurt to move my mouth. My head hurts. My face hurts. My teeth hurt.

For those that don't know, I have a little something called Angioedema and it's embarrassing to say the least when it breaks out on my face. When it's my arm or feet or fingers it's not a big deal. But when your eyes swell shut or it looks like someone popped you in the lip, people stare. I have no clue when it's going to happen or where it will appear. This year I have had a good year, but not today. It's a rare disease. Lucky me.

It's clear to me that what I'm doing eating wise is not working. What am I going to do? I don't know. I haven't decided yet. I understand it worked for me in the past, but it's not working now. I've been thinking about going back to Weight Watchers meetings. I'm not sure though. If I get pregnant, I stop going. I have never made Lifetime and I've always wanted to. I don't know what to do to be honest. I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

My Mom is coming to visit next month and I want to drop some of this weight before she gets here. I was 165 the last time she saw me and all she could was comment on how skinny I was. It's not that she'll say I'm fat, but you know how Mom's can be. And she loves me, I know she does. We're close, but I haven't exactly told her how much weight I've gained.

Looking forward to "the Voice" tonight. Love me some Blake Shelton.

What show do you watch on Monday night?

Do you have allergies?

2 comments:

MojoMissy said...

Blake's featured in the new US Weekly fyi ;)

Treesa said...

i feel you on not knowing where to go with weight loss... i'm stuck. unmotivated. and have no desire to lose weight. but i need to. ugh.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the voice... i am an Adam fan! :)