Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Guess what I did today??

Guess who went to the gym this morning? If you guess me, you are correct! If you said who? Well, shame on you!! I haven't been to the gym in probably a moth or so, so I'm pretty happy about it. I ran 3 miles and walked for a bit on the treadmill after, but at least I did something.

And I treated myself to a little something on my way in to work.

Half regular, half decaf. I'm still trying to cut back on my caffeine because of trying to get pregnant and all. I really don't notice much of a difference to be honest.

A little snack after my PB2, banana and Flatout breakfast. No picture of that because honestly, it always looks the same doesn't it?


Mmmmmm peanutty goodness.

And leftovers from last night for lunch:

Pulled pork, green beans and couscous. 

I eat at my desk a lot. Did you notice this? I really need to step away from my desk for lunch more.

I came home from work tonight to my neighbors having a huge fight. Not just a screaming match. An actual fight. They really go at it, too. It was a little scary to be honest with you.

I've been making dinner a lot for the husband and myself. I really enjoy it. I am trying to make something different every night. Last night was pulled pork. Tonight was meatloaf. Tomorrow is pot roast. You would think after 12 years of marriage and 16 1/2 of living together I would be used to it, but it's only recently that I started. Usually I make my own dinner and he either has cereal or picks something up on the way home. I'm trying to save us money and make healthier foods for him, too.

I'm beat. It's been awhile since I've been up at 5am for a workout. I forgot how good it makes me feel though and I was upbeat and happy all day. I need to make it a priority again. Workouts are important. Not just for my physical health, but for my mental health as well.



1 comment:

Andy said...

Way to go on making it to the gym! I could never go to the gym in the morning -- just not gonna happen. LOL

Shaun and I are the same way about food -- we NEVER eat dinner together, except on the weekends. Everyone seems to think that's weird but it works for us, for now. But like you said, sometimes I wish I could get in the habit of cooking better meals for both of us. Better for health AND the budget!