Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sandy, shandy...

Nice 3 mile run this morning. I had planned to get up early, but 9am was when my body decided it was time to get up. What can you do? So, after my run, I had a nice yummy breakfast.

Oatmeal, PB2 and banana. My love for bananas knows no bounds lately. I'm not sure what happened, but my body can process them correctly these days, so I'll eat them while I can.

I spent most of the day doing some cleaning around the apartment, some laundry and smelling the pot roast I have in the crock pot. This time I remembered to turn it on, thank you very much. I tried not to pay too much attention to the weather people. They are a little hyped up over this hurricane. Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it isn't going to be a big deal, but it isn't like Connecticut hasn't ever had one before.

Someone posted this on facebook and I thought it was hilarious.

A quick lunch between laundry rounds.

I have so much left over pork. I had to freeze the rest of it. It's so amazingly good though. I had it for lunch Wednesday and Thursday at work. I have probably 4 more servings in the freezer now. Plus left over meatloaf from Tuesday night. I'm going to cook up some chicken tomorrow for this week. That way I'm set for awhile. And I have a few different things to pick from. I'm sure there will be left over pot roast, too.

I'm sad that we're just about done with "Mad Men". We're half way through season 5. I've loved every moment about this show. Fat Betty makes me laugh. I mean, really?? I've decided my next show will be "Sons of Anarchy".  I know so many people that watch it and I've always wanted to. Actually, the husband and I watched the first couple episodes when it started, but it got lost in the shuffle.

What did you do today?

Happy Saturday!! And be safe all my East Coast friends!!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oatmeal with banana and PB2 is my favorite thing in the world!! Hope you stay safe!