Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Bombshell

We found out today that work that as of June 1st:

-the company will no longer match any 401K
-if you have the higher tier insurance you will be paying a lot more for it
-You will only be able to carry over 80 hours of vacation time a year (which is tough for people like me who gets a little over 5 weeks a year).

I guess it could be worse. We still have our jobs. I don't mind taking more vacation time (although they say we can cash in some hours and get paid the money but I'd rather take the time off) or the 401K (it sucks but still). It's the insurance thing that bugs me because if I stay on the high tier plan I will have to pay $100 a more every pay period. Since the hubby had his surgery and seems to be doing better, you never know what might happen. But we can't afford that right now so I'm going to have to change it.

Have you seen "Mean Girls"? You know the Plastics? That's us 3 customer service girls at work. *giggle*

Ready for "Lost". Going to catch up on Sunday's "Breaking Bad". Gym tomorrow. Keith on Friday!

3 comments:

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

uuggg...another sign of the economy. Sorry it came so close to you, but glad to hear your job wasn't cut too.

M said...

Hi I just found you blog tonight. I look forward to your loses:)

Laurie said...

Yeah, my company did similar stuff about a month ago. No more 401K matching, no merit raises until at least July 2010, and some cutting of people. Luckily not me. Yes, you're right! Be thankful that you DO have a job and a regular source of income.