Friday, May 22, 2009

You are beautiful at any weight

As I sit here in a very heavy haze of depression tonight I am thinking something an old friend said to me earlier today on Facebook.

"You are beautiful at any weight."

This sort of stunned me because this girl and I had a very hard friendship. I am not going to get into the details but she was married to one of my husbands closest friends. But after everything we dealt with together and apart, she was kind enough to say that to me today when I told her I was looking forward to seeing her on Monday at a Memorial day party and not to be surprised at how fat I have gotten since the last time we saw one another (2005).

I am hoping tomorrow is a gym day.

I've cried more then normal today.

2 comments:

Fatinah said...

I say this with respect:

don't hope it's a gym day... make it a gym day

How nice that you're friend thought to tell you something that you need to know is true.

Put yourself first and if the gym doesn't work, just move. Walk around the block, do step ups on a stair in your house, walk in place in front of the tv.

I hope you find your way out of the haze. I realize depression is very serious and I wish you good health.

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

aaaawwwww.....your friend sounds amazingly supportive! How awesome that she see's your inner beauty, not just your physical appearance. Be proud of who you are, you truly are beautiful! Let your inner beauty shine!