Saturday, May 23, 2009

instead of fries, I got veggies

The BBQ at my nephew's scheduled for today didn't end up happening. So instead my sisters and I plus the hubby went out to lunch. We went to Red Robin and let me tell you, it's hard to find something good there. But I check their website out before we went and I ended up getting a gardenburger and instead of fries, I got veggies. The burger was really good and very filling. I was very proud of myself and the husband because he was diagnosed with high blood pressure a few weeks ago and is watching all his sodium intake (he got a turkey burger with a side of rice, just so you know).

I can't get over how skinny my oldest sister is. She is 125 pounds now. She lost about 75 pounds in a year. She wants to gain about 10 pounds though and is having a hard time doing that. She is going to check out going to the gym because she also wants to tone up in a few areas.

After that hubby and I went to run a few errands. I got a new shirt and bottoms but I'm not too excited about them. Shopping as a size 20 is not nearly as fun as being a size 8. Ha ha.

The depression I was stuck in yesterday seems to have passed and I'm so happy for that.

Tomorrow I plan on hitting the gym in the morning and then doing some housework during the day. I hope the hubby can grill up some chicken because I've been craving that.

I've been watching TONS of "Jon and Kate Plus 8" since TLC is having a marathon. I adore this show and can't help but feel about at how the press is just mutalating them. I know they should have known it could happen but still. I feel badly for both of them.

Another BBQ on Monday but I feel I can handle it!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about Red Robin. I've never had there garden burger before I think i'll try that next time. Awesome job on getting veggies instead of fries. Glad to hear that your feeling better. I love Jon and Kate Plus 8. I've been watching it all day. I feel really bad on everything that's happened to this. Monday's show should be interesting.

Laurie said...

That's great you're able to enjoy Red Robin w/o the fries. I'll have to try that. I feel the same way about Jon & Kate. I saw a promo for the new season starting and it was akward to say the least. :(

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

Ditto, shopping when we are smaller is actually enjoyable vs. a size 20! I am not on the lookout for anything black & baggie anymore! Yay!

Kerri said...

Sounds like an excellent victory! The preplanning is awesome to... and one thing I am working very hard at doing! I am popping by your blog for the first time today but I will be back and will follow along :)