Monday, January 18, 2010

3 day weekend!!

I want it. Badly. My old body. The fit and trim and super healthy one. But somehow I can't bring myself to hit the gym 6 days a week for 2 hours a day like I used to to get it. Hell I can hardly bring myself to go there 4 times a week for 75 minutes.

Boo.

I did enjoy the Golden Globes last night. I was so happy that Michael C Hall won. He is amazing on "Dexter" and I was so excited. I didn't know he was married to his costar, Jennifer Carpenter. Plus I LOVE Chloe Sevigny and was happy she won, too. Her character on "Big Love" is nuts. Her dress was beautiful. I'm an awards show nerd.

I am so glad I do not have to work today. I have a doctor's appointment at 1:30pm. I wish I had lost more weight by now. But I am the only person I can blame for that.

4 comments:

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

whew - 2 hours? That's intense! Just do what you can lady - it might take time but you've got the rest of your life to work out so keep pushing through!

Andy said...

Sarah, when you started losing weight the first time, were you working out for 2 hours at a time, 6 days a week? Or did you build up to that?

I think that maybe (and I say this only out of blogger love!) being a little too hard on yourself because you compare yourself with where you were at your fittest, and you expect to have the same abilities and dedication that you did then. Start smaller, maybe. Go to the gym three times a week for 30 min, and THAT'S IT. Just to get into the routine again. The gym gets very hard to face sometimes if you keep telling yourself you have to workout for 2 hours. So just do a half hour for now! Then as you get more used to it, and have found a way to keep it regularly in your schedule, you can add an extra day a week, or another 15 minutes to your workout, etc.

I dunno, just a thought! I know it might mean slower progress, but you shouldn't be having panic attacks at the thought of going to the gym. :)

Anonymous said...

Two hours a day? I didn't know that was humanly possible! Hahaha.
I completely agree with Andrea. Don't be so hard on yourself. I'm trying to loose all of the weight I put on during pregnancy and learned to set smaller goals for myself and work towards hitting them.

my friend, skinny said...

4 or 5 days at the gym is plenty - give yourself the weekend off. your body needs time to process the weight loss and rest anyway.
Take an ipod and just zone out, thats what I do - I imagine what everyone will say and think when i'm at my goal weight - before you knnow it, you've been there an hour and a half and its nearly warm-down time :)