Sunday, January 3, 2010

Food Inc

We watched "Food Inc" last night.

That was a total wake up call for sure. I mean I knew it wasn't going to be a pretty movie but just seeing it was just a wake up call. Did it send me into shock? Pretty much. It had me looking up vegan and vegetarian recipes online this morning. I know I will be paying a lot more attention to what I buy at the store now for sure. Not that I don't already but now even more.

I don't eat a lot of red meat and I don't eat any pork at all but I love chicken and turkey. So it was really upsetting to watch.

It's snowing again. I'm less then thrilled and I'm not sure I'll be going out to the gym as they asking people to stay home if they don't need to go out today. *Sigh* I'm going to go nuts if I don't get out of this house soon. And I really wanted to go to the gym today.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I know what you mean, i see these programs or read books about how animals are treated and i want to become vegan, but i just know i wouldnt be able to not have chicken!

Loving the owl on your blog, I LOVE OWLS!

Anonymous said...

I hate it when the weather messes up my work out plans.

I saw Food Inc. back in the Summer and it was quite the eye opener. I couldn't believe how food is processed/animals are treated. I've really tried to switch to organic/free-range/local foods as much as possible, but it's really hard in the Winter time.

Lori said...

Snow shoveling can be great exercise LOL!

Anonymous said...

I'll probably be lambasted for saying this, but I choose to not watch shows like that because I love eating meat.