Friday, January 8, 2010

It's a no go for the new gym

I think the stress of work is getting to me. My allergies are totally hardcore right now. I am breaking out like crazy.

I am also finding it hard to say no to the temptations of bad food. My coworker got his usual pizza for lunch today (it’s payday) and I am so tempted to have some.

The scale is most likely NOT going to be my friend this week. Not that I don’t deserve a gain. No exercise and eating flex points is going to cause a gain. I’m not happy about it. I had hoped for a small gain or a maintain but it’s probably going to be pretty ugly.

I’m not motivated to workout. I so want to be. And I thought I would be. But I’ve been depressed the past couple of days.

Hubby and I decided to not join the new gym. It’s further away then we though and although it’s a nice new facility it’s not worth it. Currently I only have to go 2 exits up the highway to go my gym and this one is 5. exits up. I also haven’t been to the gym since November so who am I to complain?

I am proud of myself for not pigging out last night. I wanted to but I didn’t. I am feeling it again today but I’m hoping it passes.

I see my doctor on the 18th and I had hoped to have lost more weight but that isn’t going to happen either. Ugh!!!

I found a pair of jeans (16’s) that I hope to be able to fit into by September. I have a lot of weight to lose to get into them.

At least I have more Sookie to read. Click on the paperback logo to found out more. Not sure if it works in Canada though. I know a lot of my Canadian friends enjoy reading, too.

5 comments:

Carolina John said...

my new gym in raleigh was full of resolutioners last night. these people were walking on every single treadmill and i couldn't get on for a while dang it. oh well, sorry that one didn't work out.

Sevenbeads said...

Location is key. The closer the better and the more you're likely to get there.

My gym is more crowded now too. Don't worry. By February, it will be back to normal.

Andy said...

Yeah, sadly the paperback swap isn't for Canadians. :(((( Too bad, because it sounds awesome! By the way, I meant to tell you I am plowing my way through Swan Song -- thanks for the recommendation! So far I really like it, although I brought it to Cuba because I thought it would be good 'beach reading', haha, it's a little too gruesome for that! :)

Anonymous said...

I found the best way to avoid the lunch temptations was to eat away from them and join them once I was full. It really cut back on me wanting to eat what they had.

Anonymous said...

I found the best way to avoid the lunch temptations was to eat away from them and join them once I was full. It really cut back on me wanting to eat what they had.