Friday, January 1, 2010

It's 2010

I have to admit 2009 was not a bad year. I had my good days and my bad days but really it was a good year all around.

The hubby and I had a nice quiet night at home last night. We have spent the past couple of years at home together. We were invited to a couple parties but we decided to stay home. The weather wasn't all that hot in Connecticut anyway and we're just not really party people. I had a nice time and that is really what it's all about.

We stopped to pick up a little alcohol before we came home and I got carded! That may have been the best thing that happened to me 2009! Ha ha! The girl looked at my license and said "No way" when she the year I was born. It made me feel good. I know people tell me all the time that I look younger then I am but it felt good. I bet I was older then her.

No big plans for today. Going to relax and just enjoy our 3 day weekend.

I spoke to my other coworker that was let go last night. She is pretty upset. I don't blame her. She was on vacation and they called her at home to tell her. The whole situation is really surreal to me. I'm not sure I realize it's happened yet. I'm just doing what I can right now.

I do have plans for 2010. I plan to lose more weight. I plan to go visit my Mom in Arizona. The husband and I plan to renew our wedding vows for our 10 year wedding anniversary in September. I plan to be the best I can be!!

Happy 2010! May all your dreams come true!!

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Happy New Year!

Tamzin said...

getting carded is fun! :) Sounds like a good night in, I wish that we had done that - I am sick of people and driving and eating out.

Here is to a great 2010!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow I bet that really made your day when you got carded. I hope you enjoyed you long weekend. Can you believ that it's nearly over? Where did the time go. I love your plans for 2010.