Sunday, July 12, 2009

Legs like rubber

Hubby and I rode with skinny best friend today. I have legs of rubber and a sore behind. But it was supper fun and I think I want to do it again. Maybe even tomorrow. Skinny BF says tomorrow the insides of my thighs will be sore. Which I am happy about because who doesn't want smaller thighs? Right ladies?

I am tired. We rode for about an hour. It was fun. Worked up a big sweat. The trail is really nice and I liked it a lot. I've only walked it before and that was a few years ago. It's right near hubby's parents house so we are leaving the bikes there so we can just pick them up when we go back.

Hopefully tomorrow.

The trail is very busy. Lots of walkers and runners. And other bikers.

I am enjoying a green monster now since I am starving. I only had 4 points prior to going out so that could be why. Not sure how many miles we did because have not figured out the odemotor on my bike yet and did not ask skinny BF before leaving.

Skinny BF is in amazing shape. I am jealous of him.

Off to rest aching legs and butt and enjoy my monster.

I am not Lance Armstrong. Ha ha.

4 comments:

Danee said...

Hooray for smaller thighs! Way to go!

Carolina John said...

hey, lance armstrong wasn't lance armstrong either the first time he got in a bike ride in 16 years. So glad you enjoyed it! It takes tits to get comfortable on the bike. no, i mean "time in the saddle" you perv. the more you ride the better it will feel. your "SIT" bones get used to the feel of your saddle, and your leg muscles get conditioned for the motion of pedaling. try for a short ride in a day or two, then another long ride next weekend will feel much better.

and i bet skinny bf wasn't in such great shape before he started biking either. it's a wonderful sport. Give it a few months, and someone else on the trail will curse that "speedy sundae bitch" that just flew by them. ha!

Carolina John said...

btw, when i started on the bike i used special padded bike shorts and put a gel seat cover (from target) over my saddle. eventually I took off the gel seat cover, and now I don't usually ride with the padded bike shorts anymore unless I'm going over 30 miles (or 2 hours). I promise it will feel more comfortable soon.

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Good job on getting out there and doing your best!