Sunday, July 5, 2009

What a night

So my sister picked me up around 7pm last night to head over to the party that my hubby's band was playing at. I knew she was bringing a friend of hers which was cool but when she picked me up she had 2 girls in the car.

And they all were already buzzed. Fun.

So I was the only sober girl with them. I don't really drink anymore. I had a terrible experience last July at a wedding we went to and I haven't had much too drink since then. And I find that when I'm with people who are drunk, I am not exactly having a good time. And also alcohol calories are calories I do not need.

Although I have to say that I did enjoy myself. The 2 girls my sister brought with her were a lot of fun and I enjoyed them a lot. One of them was totally smashed by the time we left and that kind of annoyed me a bit but what can you do? My sister was also totally smashed and I wondered if she shouldn't have been driving but she assured me and my husband that she was fine to do so. Which she was because I got home in one piece.

The band was awesome (I might be biased but whatever) and I enjoyed myself. The girls even dragged me out to dance (I can't believe it either) and I was laughing and not caring about it. Spent some time talking with hubby's skinny best friend who was getting hit on by girls. And he was so liking it. Ha ha.

Unfortunately I had to leave earlier then I wanted because my ride wanted to leave and if I didn't I would have been out until like 2am. As it was I didn't sleep well (again) and tossed and turned until hubby came home and then I was tossing and turning (again) until around 3am when I finally fell asleep.

Which means I didn't make it to the gym. Boo. But I am going to make it this week if it kills me. I need to. I want to stay firmly planted under 250 and I know what I need to do to stay there. That includes exercise and eating right. I didn't eat ANYTHING a the party. I made sure to eat before hand.

Vacation is just about over. Boo. Not happy about it. Going back to work tomorrow is going to suck so bad. I am already annoyed because I changed my voicemail back and some idiot left me a voicemail on the 29th. I had changed it last Friday to say I was out of the office until July 6th and yet somebody was stupid enough to send me a call anyway and then that person didn't even listen to my message that said I was out of the office? People are dumb. Dumb. DUMB!

Well hubby and I are going to head out to Whole Foods soon. Woohoo! Can't wait. Love that store. Happy Sunday.

No comments: