Thursday, July 16, 2009

My day of clean eating in pictures

One of Amy's challenges this week was to have one day of eating clean. You don't know hard it is to actually do it until you start paying really close attention to every little thing, you know?
Breakfast was a green monster. I skipped the orange juice and protein powder. Instead I used an orange which worked just as well. How do you like my new cup I found to carry it to work in? I don't care if people stare at work. Who else gets in 2 cups of veggies before 10am? That's right. I know they are all jealous. Ha ha.

Next was as snack of chobani Greek yogurt. I LOVE this stuff and yes I always eat it plain. It's so thick and creamy. Yum!!
Lunch was 3 egg whites, a baked potato and some plum tomatoes. I adore this meal. I eat it quite often and didn't realize how clean it was until just the other day.

Snack in the afternoon was a big staple of my life, frozen grapes. I eat them a lot and you can probably see the ice built up on the grapes. When grapes go on sale at the supermarket I stock up so I can just wash and freeze and not worry about buying them for awhile. Frozen grapes are a frozen treat from heaven. And take a very long time to eat.
And then dinner was grilled chicken with 3/4 cup of brown rice and some broccoli and cauliflower. I grilled this chicken myself and I also used my George Foreman grill for the first time. Which we got for a wedding present. Almost 9 years ago. Sad, huh?

I had to use my camera phone for these, which I apologize for. The actual camera was not charged. Boo.

I really enjoyed this but if I did it everyday it was be very boring because I eat a lot of the same things every day.

And I haven't snacked tonight. I'm not very hungry. Bad me, I know.

3 comments:

Andy said...

Great job! It IS a lot harder than it first seems, isn't it? I found that too.

Also I can't believe you didn't use your George Foreman for 9 YEARS! Gasp! I am obsessed with mine now (as you may have noticed, haha).

Anonymous said...

Great job on your clean eating day. Your food looks great.

xoxo,
Katherine

Hotch Potchery said...

Your clean eating day looks great....it was hard, wasn't it?