Saturday, August 8, 2009

Up a pound, but lost some inches

So I'm up a pound this week. And I handled it pretty well. Considering I don't believe I deserved it. But looking back at my food journal, I actually might have.

Example: I burned off nearly 2000 calories this week. Good right? Yet there were a couple days (okay like 5) that I didn't eat all of my points. Bad, bad, VERY bad Sarah. And I only dipped into my flex points on one day. This week I'm going to eat more and hopefully I can see a loss.

But I'm super proud of myself for going to the gym 3 times this week. At night even. Hopefully the trend will continue.

And since I was disappointed in gaining this week, I decided to take my measurements, since I hadn't done that since March. I was happy to see I lost some inches. 1 inch off my chest, 2 inches off my waist, and 1 inch off my hips. Everything else stayed the same but there is plenty of time for that.

Hubby made it yet another round of karaoke semi finales which are this coming Friday. If he makes it through then it will be the finals.

I'm already trying to figure out my gym scheduled for next week. Thursday is Kenny Chesney so I can't go to the gym that night. And then we have karaoke on Friday night. But I'll figure something out.

I'm off to do some house cleaning. Happy Saturday!!

2 comments:

Carolina John said...

i hit the gym at night a lot too. it's not as bad as it could be.

you might want to ramp your speed/intensity on the elliptical. 2000 calories on the week? i burn 1200 calories most workouts. 45 minutes on the stationary bike and 30 minutes on the treadmill gets me to 1500 calories, and i do that at least once a week. I think you'll see improvement in the gym if you try pushing the speed a little bit. just an idea.

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Congrats on losing some inches and for havinga great attitide!