Sunday, November 8, 2009

back in the saddle

I'm still all excited about getting back to weight watchers yesterday. I went to the 11:15am meeting. I like that one because it's not too busy and I don't have to worry about not having a place to sit. I used to go to the 9:45am meeting when I lost all my weight before but it's too crowded now and I'm not up for the crowds right now.

Let me just say how pleased I am that WW is finally into the 21st century with computers. Giggle. The receptionist explained to me that I know longer have to look for my card when I come in I just get in line and hand them my card. All my info is in the computer. Imagine that. Fancy stuff.

So on their scale I was 244.8. Now I knew I would be up because (1) when I weigh myself at home I am 100% in the nude *ha ha*, (2) Weight Watchers does not let you weigh in the nude at the meetings. No I have never asked but I know people who have. (3) It's the week before TOM and I'm bloated. And (4) my eating the past couple of days could have been better. So I was ready for it. My scale at home said I would be 245.8 pounds so I liked the ww scale much better.

Once I was all signed in and weighed I went into the meeting. Beth (my leader) was happy to see me. She said it was nice to see me and how had I been and where had I been. Then she said it was kind of an odd time to start again with the holidays and all. So I explained to her (after telling her I had been doing it online for the past 5 months) about my online blog friends had been joining and I decided to take the plunge. She thought it was great. Beth also said that she noticed a lot of newbies this week and maybe that was why.

The meeting topic was about making it through the holidays. Now for most it's Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. You may have Hanukkah in there, too depending on your religion. I, my friends, have a Birthday the week before Thanksgiving and I am going to have my cake. It's a Wednesday this year so I am going to try to work out as much as I can. The others don't scare me much. I can handle them. It's the cake that I know I will have an issue with. And that is less then 2 weeks away.

So I am going to work it the best I can and see what happens. I know it works. I see the proof everyday with my blog friends and looking at older pictures of myself. And with myself. Because I am still 40+ pounds less then my heaviest weight thanks to weight watchers.

I am not in the best of moods right now. Hubby and I had a big fight last night and it hasn't really been resolved yet. Hopefully it will blow over soon.

I am going to have some breakfast and then get ready for the gym.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I can't wait to hear about your first weigh-in. There are so many of us who have either recommitted to WW Meetings or who have gone for their first time. It's very exciting to read everyones journey !!!

Anonymous said...

I am loving the recommitment to WW! I haven't gone to meetings before but I may end up joining Lynn & Ang!

sorry to hear about your fight - hopefully a good workout at the gym helps things.